Hospice of Michigan Services
Our approach to caring for those who are terminally ill includes:
- Physical support: pain management, symptom control, personal care
- Emotional and spiritual support: helping patients and families cope
- Grief support: helping families, friends for 13 months after the loved one’s death
- Volunteer services: providing companionship, doing chores, listening, giving time off to family caregivers
- Financial assistance: helping all terminally ill patients, regardless of ability to pay
With roots dating back to the 1970s, we are the most experienced provider of hospice care in Michigan. Currently serving more than 1,700 patients daily, in 56 counties, we’re also the largest in our state, and among the largest non-profit advanced illness management organizations in the nation.
- Serves more than 4,200 hospice patients and more than 14,000 family members every year
- More than 650 full- and part-time employees and over 600 trained volunteers
- More doctors and nurses certified in hospice and palliative care than any other hospice in Michigan
- One of only a handful of hospices in the country with a dedicated pediatric team.
- Annual budget of approximately $70 million
- 85 percent of care provided in patient’s or family’s home
- Houses the Hospice of Michigan Institute – the hub for research, education and outreach efforts in end-of-life care
- Hospice of Michigan is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) for compliance with a comprehensive set of national standards. By choosing a healthcare provider that has achieved ACHC accreditation, you can take comfort in knowing that you will receive the highest quality of care.
- First hospice in Michigan licensed by Department of Public Health
- First hospice in Michigan to care for patients with AIDS
- Published “Caring for a Loved One with Advanced Dementia,” winner of the 2002 Award for Excellence in Education from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- 98% of Hospice of Michigan family caregivers said “Yes” when asked, “Would you recommend hospice to others?”
We are available to answer your questions 24/7. Call 888-247-5701.
Hospice of Michigan Headquarters
2366 Oak Valley Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Other Hospice of Michigan Locations
Click here to download our 2015 Annual Report >