Traverse City, Michigan, Mach 19, 2015 – Hospice of Michigan will offer a variety of free support groups this spring in Traverse City that are focused on dealing with grief.
Each of the groups will provide a safe and supportive environment for participants to express their feelings and better understand the grief process as they deal with the death of a friend or family member.
Support groups include:
- Blessed Are Those Who Mourn – grief support retreat for those dealing with loss that will be held 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 25 at First Congregational Church, 6105 Center Road.
- Remembering Our Mothers – a gathering offering time to reflect and share stories about mothers who have died that will be held 11 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 9 at HOM’s Traverse City office, 10850 E. Traverse Hwy., Suite 1155. Participants are invited to bring a picture or keepsake to share.
- Men and Grief – an ongoing group focusing on the unique issues faced by men suffering from grief will be held 6 to 7 p.m. the first and third Monday of each month at HOM’s Traverse City office, 10850 E. Traverse Hwy., Suite 1155. Each session is led by Jack O’Malley, HOM volunteer and radio show host.
- Loss of Spouse – an ongoing group that discusses dying, grieving, healing and hope will be held noon to 1 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at HOM’s Traverse City office, 10850 E. Traverse Hwy., Suite 1155.
- Living on – an on-going group that addresses grief and loss topics will be held noon to 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month at Grace Episcopal Church, 341 Washington St.
Advance registration is required for all groups and events. To register, contact Kathryn Holl at 231.929.1557 or email@example.com. Information on all HOM grief support groups is available at https://www.hom.org/our-services/grief-support-groups/.
HOM also offers workshops and group presentations to schools, churches, businesses and communities dealing with a loss to help them understand the grieving process. Contact the organization for further information.
About Hospice of Michigan
A nationally recognized leader in end-of-life care, Hospice of Michigan is the original – and largest – hospice in the state. The nonprofit cares for more than 1,700 patients each day, raising more than $4 million each year to cover the cost of care for the uninsured and underinsured. HOM offers a broad range of services to enhance the quality of life at the end of life, including At Home Support™, our advanced illness management program, community-based palliative care and pediatric care programs. HOM provides grief support and counseling, caregiver education and support, and education programs for physicians and health care professionals through its research, training and education arm, the Hospice of Michigan Institute. For more information, call 888.247.5701 or visit www.hom.org.