WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME FOR HOSPICE?
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with a terminal illness or a chronic illness that is worsening?
Are you caring for family or a friend or looking for hospice information for yourself?
Determining when it is the right time for hospice can be daunting, but Hospice of Michigan is here to build your confidence and help you navigate your options.
Choose how you would like to be contacted
Please select a valid form *Required field
Take this assessment to determine if you or your loved one may be ready for hospice care
- Have you been hospitalized or gone to the emergency room 2 – 3 times in the past six months?
- Are you making more frequent phone calls to your physicians?
- Have you started taking or increased medication to lessen physical pain?
- Are you spending most of the day in a chair or bed?
- Have you fallen more than twice over the past six months?
- Do you need help from others for two or more activities:
☐ Get out of bed ☐ Dress ☐ Bath ☐ Walk ☐ Eat
- Are you feeling weaker or more tired?
- Have you experienced weight loss so that clothes are noticeably looser?
- Do you notice a shortness of breath, even while resting?
- Have you been told by a doctor that you have a life-limiting illness, or that there is no more treatment available for your condition?
If you answered yes to 2 or more of these questions it may be time to ask your doctor about hospice at your next appointment. Keep in mind, you don’t need a doctor’s referral to learn more about hospice care. You can call a hospice provider to have them send you more information or schedule an informational visit.