When faced with serious illness, finding the support you need can be challenging. As a member of the CHOICES Community, we can help you navigate life with chronic conditions. The purpose of CHOICES Community is to help you navigate your healthcare options as your conditions progress, with the goal of helping members like you find optimal health at home.
Who is this program for?
- The CHOICES Community is for people who are not yet eligible for hospice or palliative care.
What is the cost of this program?
- Services and resources for CHOICES Community members are provided at no cost.
What services are provided in this program?
- Phone access to a nurse navigator: Call 877-227-8823 whenever you or your caregivers want to discuss physical changes or learn about services in your community.
- Tools for self-management: You can request a complimentary copy of the informative book Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions. Topics address strategies for universal needs such as managing medications, following a prescribed eating plan, and coping with the stress of living with a chronic illness.
- Virtual discussion groups: Our Nurse Navigators invite you to discuss Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions and connect with other members. These virtual discussions take place the first Friday of each month. You can call in from your home phone or cell phone from anywhere.
How do I join the virtual discussions?
- Start by reading the book
- Check the calendar
- Call the meeting line at 10am the first Friday of each month at 877-369-0926
- When prompted, enter the participant code: 917 803 3185 ##
How do I find out more about this program?
- Please feel free to call 877-227-8823 and ask for a Nurse Navigator
Here are some links that connect with the discussion topics or that are follow-up from the virtual discussions: