Resources for physicians and care professionals
Hospice is the appropriate choice for a terminally ill patient when the burden of care becomes too much for the patient and family. Hospice of Michigan will work with the patient’s own physician to provide:
- Added support to the patient and family at vulnerable times
- Expertise in pain management and symptom control, or palliative care
- Emotional and spiritual counseling
- Home health aides
- Respite care for the caregiver
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Bereavement support
Hospice can help a patient and family to enhance quality of life so they may spend peaceful time together. It offers a comforting alternative when a cure is no longer possible.
Hospice can also eliminate unnecessary calls to 911 and trips to the emergency room by giving families the means to care for their loved one at home and the knowledge of what to expect at the end of life.
Hospice of Michigan is a resource to physicians and other medical professionals who wish to access palliative care for patients. We can help you manage your terminally ill patients by providing services at whatever level you need:
- Telephone consultations on pain management/palliative care
- Oversight of the hospice staff while you remain your patient’s attending physician, or
- Managing the care for your terminally ill patient